From 1 January 2021, a new GOST standard R 54293-2020 "Production audit within the framework of confirmation of conformity", approved by Rosstandart Decision No 583 of 28 August 2020, will come into force.
This standard will replace the old GOST R 54293-2010, which has been in use since 2010.
The new standard sets out the requirements for certification bodies to make decisions and register the results of a manufacturing audit.
The audit can be carried out either at the production site or at a branch of the production site.
In the case of the audit at the site of the production facility, a location is selected where the largest range of goods is produced, or the most complex product in the largest quantities. At the same time, the manufacturer assumes a commitment to the security and stability of the release of goods at other production sites. The other branches are checked by the certification body as part of the inspection control.
The audit assesses the following:
- technical documentation for commodities, including procedural instructions
- competence of the staff
- infrastructure, including transport, production warehouse, premises
- equipment, its maintenance and repair
- steering of control, measuring and test equipment
- measuring instruments that ensure compliance with mandatory standards for products
- raw materials, materials and components
- product identification and traceability
- marking, storage, transport, conservation
- control of defective products
- results of regular testing of finished goods
During the audit, the expert takes corrective and preventive measures for products if the specified requirements are not met.