On December 23, 2016, the technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union „On restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment“ was published.
The technical regulation was passed on October 18, 2016 in Moscow during a session of the Eurasian Economic Committee.
The most important regulation of TR EAEU 037/2016
The technical regulation covers products, listed in Annex 1 to the regulation, for instance:
- electrical household appliances
- personal electronic data processing machines and devices, which can be connected to electronic data processing machines
- telecommunication equipment
- copying machines and electronic office equipment
- power tools
- light sources and lighting equipment, including appliances that can be installed in furniture
- musical instruments
- cash machines and electronic cash registers
- cable for use at rated voltages up to 500 volts, except fiber optic cables
- automatic and safety switches
- safety and fire alarms
Please not that most of these products are also affected by other technical regulations, for instance TR CU 004/2011 On safety of low-voltage equipment and TR CU 020/2011 On electromagnetic compatibility.
Devices not subject to TR EAEU 037/2016, are listed in Article 3 of Chapter 1.
The regulation TR EAEU 037/2016 On restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment sdetermines unified requirements for the permissible concentration of lead, quicksilver, cadmium and hexavalent chromium in electronic devices. It will enter into force on March 1, 2018.