On 14 September 2020, the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) approved the draft for a new technical regulation on pipelines by Decision No 114. Therefore a new technical regulation “On requirements for pipelines for the transport of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons” will be developed.
The regulation does not have a number yet, but the date of the coming into force has already been defined - July 1, 2021.
The technical regulation specifies safety requirements for pipelines for the transport of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons in different phases of the life cycle:
- commissioning, maintenance
Furthermore it defines the procedure of conformity assessment. The compliance with the mandatory safety requirements is checked during:
- an expertise in design documentation - during the construction
- the technical supervision and state control - during construction / reconstruction
- the operation control - during operation
- the state control of disposal