On July 24, 2017, the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission passed resolution № 40 "On requirements for fire safety and extinguishing devices". The regulation TR EAEU 043/2017 shall enter into force on January 1, 2020 and thereby replace the national regulations.
Currently, fire safety is subject to national standards. In Russia some products require the so called Fire Safety Certificate. The certificate is necessary for fire protection equipment, for instance fire detectors, extinguishers, fire hoses etc., for building material, especially insulation material, panels, flooring and power cables.
TR EAEU 043/2017 On requirements for fire safety and extinguishing devices determines compulsory requirements for the safety of fire protection equipment and extinguishing systems as well as their marking.
The attestation of conformity takes place in the form of either the EAC Certification or the EAC Declaration.
The following products require the EAC Certification:
- extingishing powder
- foam extinguishers
- fire retardants (for wood, steel, cables)
- wiring rails
- cable ducts
- smoke and fire detectors
- systems for power supply free of interruptions for technical means of fire protection equipment et al
The following products require the EAC Declaration:
- gaseous extinguishing agents
- fire boxes and hydrants
- mobile extinguishing systems (fire engines, rescue platforms, fire ladders)
- drain valves, filters for automatic water and foam extuingishing systems)
- safety belts
- snap hooks
- fire hoses