Industrial safety expertise is a mandatory procedure of state supervision for industrial plants, hazardous production facilities and industrial buildings. The procedure shall help to assess, whether the safety and quality requirements are fulfilled. Following the conformity assessment a report on industrial safety is prepared, which attests the conformity of the plant with the legal requirements of Russian Federation. The objective of the expertise is to support the use of the respective plant in Russia.
The legislation of the Russian Federation provides the basis for the industrial safety expertise and especially the following regulations:
- Regulation of Rostechnadzor no. 538 of November 14, 2013 “Rules for audit of industrial safety”
- Federal law N116-FZ of July 21, 1997: “On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities”
- Order no. 306 of Rostechnadzor of July 15, 2013 “General requirements for safety substantiation of hazardous production facility
The following are the subjects under examination:
- Production facilities with enhanced hazard
- Buildings of production facilities with enhanced hazard
- Industrial plants, that are installed in a production facility with enhanced hazard
Report on industrial safety
The report on industrial safety is a certification, that contains the results of conformity assessment on industrial safety requirements.
The report shall include the following informations:
- Designation of the report
- Basis for the expertise
- Data on possible third parties involved in carrying out the expertise
- Number of the licence of the third party
- Data on the subject of the expertise
- Data on the applicant
- Purpose of the expertise
- Validated results
- Serial number of the certification
Industrial safety expertise of plants, which are installed in a production facility with enhanced hazard
Plants which are used in a production facility with enhanced hazard underly the technical regulation of the EAEU. If they are not presented in any list of the technical regulations an expertise on industrial safety according to the regulation of Rostechnadzor no. 538 of November 14, 2013 has to be carried out. In this case no issue of EAC declaration is demanded. A report on its industrial safety shall be sufficient for the legal use of plants in production facilities with enhanced hazard.
The expertise has to be carried out:
- before the use in a production facility with increased hazard
- at the end of the lifetime of the technical equipment set by the manufacturer
- before the end of the lifetime of the equipment, if it already has been used for more than 20 years
- after the modernization of a plant
- after accidents in a production facility with increased risk, which required the reparation of a damaged technical plant
- Step: filing of application at the notified certification body
- Step: examination of the presented documents
- Step: test of the plant
- Step: measures to prevent excessive wear
- Step: exchange of wearing parts and consultation regarding the conservation of the plant
- Step: issue of the certification on industrial safety
Required documents for safety expertise of industrial plants, which are used in production facilities with enhanced hazard:
For the application of an expertise the following documents are required:
- Detailed description of the plants
- Identification of the plants
- HS Codes
- Technical passport
- Safety justification
- Instruction manual
- Technical drawings
- Technical file
- Test reports
- Strength calculation (if necessary)
- Available certificates: ISO, DIN, CE, CB
Depending on the examined plant, additional documentations and certificates can be demanded.
Time duration and costs of the industrial safety expertise depend on many factors such as commodity type, complexity of tests needed ecc.
The exact conditions of the expertise are always determined individually on the basis of the documents received.
The application for the expertise can take a few weeks.
You can find more information here.
Delivery of documents
You will receive a copy of the expertise by e-mail immediately after the procedure has been successfully completed. In just a few days, the original will be delivered to you by post.