The Central African Republic is a landlocked country in Central Africa. The country is a semi-presidential constitutional republic with the president as head of state. Local currency is the Central African CFA Franc (XAF), the official languages are French and Sango. The Central African Republic is a member of the United Nations (UN), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
Despite significant reservoirs of diamonds, uranium, gold and petrol, the Central African Republic ranks among the poorest countries in the world. Agriculture is the main pillar of the economy, amassing 58% of the GDP while employing 75% of the working population.
Ever since 2008, roughly 6.000 companies have been registered in the Central African Republic.
The country has a mixed legal system, combining french law and african unwritten law.
Corporate practice is regulated in the Commercial Code of 2016, the OHADA-Laws and other legal statutes.
Main types of businesses:
- Société à responsabilité limitée (SARL) – Limited liability company
- Société anonyme (SA) – Limited company
- Société en Nom Collectif (SNC) – General partnership
- Société en Commandité simple (SCS) – Simple limited partnership
- Société unipersonnelle à responsabilité limitée (SURL) – One-man company with limited liability
- Société par Action Simplifiée (S.A.S) – Simplified capital company
- Société par Action Simplifiée Unipersonnelle (S.A.S.U) - Simplified One-man company
- Groupement d’intérêt économique (GIE) – Economic interest grouping
- Entreprise individuelle – Registered merchant
The Greffes du Tribunal de Commerce are responsible for registration in the commercial register. The commercial register itself (Registre du Commerce et du Crédit Mobilier - RCCM) is managed by authorised secretaries from the commercial court.
All relevant documents for registration must be submitted to the Guichet Unique des Formalités des Entreprises en République Centralafricaine (GUFE-RCA), an autonomous governmental agency.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Information on the directors and shareholders of international companies is not publicly available, therefore just the information on directors and shareholders of local companies is included in the extract.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 7-14 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from the Central African Republic
The Central African Republic did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all central african documents are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of the Central African Republic can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from the Central African Republic||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from the Central African Republic||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1428,00 €||from 1200,00 €|