The Republic of Madagascar is an island country in the Indian Ocean, just off the coast of East Africa. Madagascar is a semi-presidential constitutional republic, with the president as head of state. Local currency is the Malagasy Ariary (MGA). Official languages are Malagasy and French. Madagascar is a member of the United Nations (UN), the AKT-Group and other international organisations.
The economy of Madagascar demonstrates typical traits of a developing country. The service sector, especially anything related to tourism, accounts for 55% of the country's GDP. Madagascar is the world's leading producer of vanilla. A severe depression in 2000 impeded the country's economy, leaving more than half of the country's population below the international poverty line.
Madagascar has a mixed legal system, mostly influenced by french law and indigenous unwritten law. Violation of unwritten legal norms is penalised.
Corporate practice is regulated in the Malagasy Company Law and its overhaul in 2004, the Law on Transparency in 1994 and other legal statutes.
Main types of businesses in Madagascar
- Société à Responsabilité Limitée Unipersonnelle (SARLU) – One-man company
- Société à Responsabilité Limitée (SARL) – Limited liability company
- Société Anonyme avec Conseil d'Administration (SA-CA) – Public limited company with a board of directors
- Société Anonyme avec Administrateur général (SA-AG) – Public limited company with CEO
- Société de Droit Etranger (SDET) – Foreign legal entity
- Groupement d‘Intérêt Economique (GIE) – Economic interest grouping
Additionally, civil organisations may operate in Madagascar.
The Economic Development board of Madagascar (EDBM) is responsible for registration in the commercial register.
All documents and certificates are to be collected from district courts.
Access to the commercial register is granted by the Services of the Registre National des Commerces et Sociétés (RNCS). Most of the register's services are available online.
Tax authorities operate their own register.
Contents of the register:
- Full legal name
- Director and proprietors
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Type of business
- Full address
- Additional data
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable, or available for a fee.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 3-5 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
- Registration number
Legalization of extracts from Madagascar
Madagascar did not accede to The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents in 1966. Therefore, all documents from Madagascar are subject to legalization.
An extract from the business register of Madagascar can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- File legal claims
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- Check potential employers
You can order an extract without mandatory registration or subscription. Just complete our form and our employees will investigate for missing information, provide you with the extract, translate it to English and deliver the original, the translation as well as the bill for our services to you via mail.
There is no risk involved for you as we provide you with the documents in question on a fixed price. If requested, we will have the extract verified and apostilled. The documents are sent to you by mail. Special fees for the apostille apply.
- Quick and reliable inquiry processing
- Convenient order via online form
- Required document is sent as a PDF-file via e-mail
- Notarised translation
- No charge if required information is unavailable
- Apostille for extracts from commercial registers
- Confidentiality and personal data protection
- Quality service and happy customers
We verify whether a commercial register contains information about the company you are interested in, free of charge. Order a preliminary extract and you will receive the following information:
- Availability of an entry in a commercial register
- Cost of extract from a commercial register
- Other available documents
- Deadline for discharge
- Cost of apostille
- Commercial register extract sample (if available)
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract from Madagascar||from 119,00 €||from 100,00 €|
|Price for the translation of an Extract from Madagascar||from 41,65€||from 35,00€|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|