Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Angola.
Angola has not joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Therefore, documents from Angola cannot be legalized by apostille, they will only be recognized abroad after consular legalization, meaning their authenticity must be confirmed separately.
By consular legalization the signature and the seal of foreign documents are authenticated. Responsible is the respective embassy of the country in which the document shall be used.
The following documents can be legalized:
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
Legalization of foreign documents for use in Angola
Foreign documents must be legalized before they can be used in Angola. The representations and embassies of Angola all over the world are in charge of this process.
- All documents must be submitted as originals
- Preliminary authentification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The request for legalization must be submitted to the respective country of origin's embassy in Angola
Should the requester be incapable of showing up in person at the embassy, an authorized third person may carry out the necessary duties. In this case, a copy of the passport will be added to the documents mentioned above.
Legalization of documents from Angola for use abroad
The exact legalization process of documents from Angola depends on the country you wish to use them in. Please feel free to contact us with your request and we will do our best to assist you!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for the legalization of a document from or for the use in Angola without international shipping||from 1428,00 €||from 1200,00 €|