Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from [country].
Ghana has not joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Therefore, documents from Ghana cannot be legalized by apostille, they will only be recognized abroad after consular legalization, meaning their authenticity must be confirmed separately.
By consular legalization the signature and the seal of foreign documents are authenticated. Responsible is the respective embassy of the country in which the document shall be used.
The following documents can be legalized:
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Judicial decisions
- Notarially certified copies of documents
- Notarially certified translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)
Legalization of foreign documents for use in Ghana
Foreign documents must be legalized before they can be used in Ghana. The representations and embassies of Ghana all over the world are in charge of this process.
Legalization of documents from Ghana for use abroad
The exact legalization process of documents from Ghana depends on the country you wish to use them in. Please feel free to contact us with your request and we will do our best to assist you!
Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.