Martinique is an overseas region and department of France in the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean. This is a constituent territory of the European Union and a part of the Eurozone. At the same time, it is not part of the Schengen Area. Martinique is an integral part of France, thus the head of state here is the French president, local currency is the euro. Official language is French, even though almost everyone on the islands speaks Antillean Creole.
Economy of Martinique is based on the services sector. Martinique is not a tax haven or an offshore zone, since its taxation regime is the same as in mainland France. Business activities in Martinique are regulated by the French Commercial Code.
Main types of businesses in Martinique
- L’entreprise individuelle is an individual entrepreneurship
- La société à responsabilité limitée is a limited liability company
- L’entreprise unipersonnelle à responsabilité limitée is LLC with one founder
- Société par actions simplifiée is "simplified" joint-stock company
- Société anonyme is a joint-stock company
- Société en nom collectifis a partnership
- Groupement d’intérêt économique is an economic interest group
Contents from the commercial register of Martinique
Main extract available from the business register of Martinique is a company profile. It comes in the French language and contains information about a company, relevant at the moment of the request.
- Full legal name
- Type of business
- Legal address
- Current status (active/inactive)
- Contact details
- Owners and key management
- Financial data
- Additional documents (if applicable)
NB: Information about some companies may be unavailable.
Search in the register is not free of charge. Search results are sent to you within 3-5 days after request submission.
To get a required document, we will need the following information about a company:
- Full legal name
An extract from the business register of Martinique can be used in order to:
- Obtain detailed information about potential business partners
- Negotiate foreign trade agreements
- Register legal entities with foreign participation
- File legal claims
Martinique acceded to the The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents on 25 November 1964, as a part of France.
Therefore, the documents issued in Martinique are subject to a simplified apostilling procedure, thus the documents gain full legal value in Convention member states after notarised translation.
In addition, you can order notarised translation from French.
We provide extracts from the register in strict compliance with the legislation of the French Republic and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Inquiries are processed within one working day. Courier delivery of apostilled documents is paid separately by courier service tariffs.
You can order free preliminary availability check of required information on our website.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an Electronic Extract||from 357,00 €||from 300,00 €|
|Price for an Extract with Apostille without international shipping||from 1190,00 €||from 1000,00 €|