Data on real estate of Romania are contained in the register. The register is now under the jurisdiction of the National Agency of Cadaster and Registration of Real Estate which falls under responsibility of the Ministry of Regional Development and State Administration.
The National Agency of Cadaster and Registration of Real Estate was established in 2004 by means of merger of cadaster under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Agriculture and Land Register of the Ministry of Justice.
Functions of the Agency of Cadaster and Registration of Real Estate
- coordination and follow-up of cadastral operations
- registration of real estate in land registration books
- monitoring of cartographic and geodetic works
- coordination of activities in the area of cadaster, geodesy and cartography with the EU
- issue of permits for activities in the area of cadaster, geodesy and cartography
- organization of the geodesy and cartography fund and cadaster data base
- maintenance and upgrade of the geodetic system
- maintenance and updating of official maps
- approval of topographical contents of cartographic documents
- provision of access to official authorities to data on land and real estate
- participation in legal expert examinations
Besides, the Agency:
- provides registration of real rights
- provides registration of appeals
- provides professional training of authorized employees
As part of the Agency there are two main departments: Cadaster and land register.
Territorial bodies are subordinate to the Agency.
Land register contains technical (field, category of use, address etc.) and legal information (personal data of the owner, rights, mortgages, encumbrances etc.). Some data may be unavailable for certain items, or may be provided for a fee.
- cadastral number
- title number
- full address
Free access to the land register is provided only to specially authorized state authorities. Remaining legal entities and individuals have access to the register only on a paid basis.
Romania accounts for approximately 40 million titles in total.
The Unified electronic online register in Romania is not available yet, it is being developed. The Agency uses an internal computerized system in its work.
An extract containing basic information can be obtained from the register.
Extracts from the land register of Romania may be used for:
- confirmation of title to real estate
- receipt of information about the real estate
- debt collection
- analysis of prices for real estate
- other commercial and analytical purposes
Time for obtaining an extract must be specified individually.
Extracts from the Real Estate Register are provided subject to the laws of Romania and to the Law on personal data protection.
The requests shall be processed within one business day. Courier delivery of the apostilled extract shall be paid additionally according to the courier tariff rates.
Romania joined the Hague Convention on simplified legalization of documents on June 7, 2000, since March 16, 2001 the Convention came into force.
Thus, documents issued in Romania are subject to legalization based on a simplified procedure - apostilling, after certified translation such documents acquire full legal force on the territory of all other Hague Convention Member States.
As a rule, apostillation of extracts takes about two weeks.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an electronic Extract from the land register of Romania||from 59,50 €||from 50,00 €||Price for the translation of an electronic Extract||from 41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract from the land register of Romania with apostille||from 297,50 €||from 250,00 €|