Our company Schmidt & Schmidt provides extracts from the land register of Latvia with translation and Apostille.
Data on real estate of Latvia are contained in two main systems: Cadastre and Land Register.
In 1992 – 1993 the land reform was implemented in Latvia, during which massive land transfer into private ownership was made. Due to this, there arose a need in Latvia for establishing a new system of registration of ownership rights to immovable property. In 1998 – 2001 computerization of land registers was performed.
The State unified computerized Land Register is maintained by the Land Administration of the Court Administration of Latvia. It records data on rights and encumbrances assigned in the Land Register.
Types of real estate:
- land with constructions
- housing property which comprise groups of premises and ideal shares of constructions and land
Maintenance of the Land Register is regulated by a special law on Land Registers.
The entire history of a property may be traced in the Land Register: transactions, pledges, arrests etc.
Types of information in the land register:
- records (assign rights, the ground for which is a transaction, usually – sales-purchase contract)
- notes (securities or limitations of rights are assigned)
Types of notes:
- declaration of owner’s financial insolvency
- recovery against real estate
- security of a claim etc.
Information about a document is entered in the “records” section, on the basis of which a record of the right itself, of a number of the assignment log, of date of a court decision is made.
Documents available on the register:
- general data processing results
- results of customized data processing
- general data
The main document provided from the real estate registers of Latvia is a certificate from the electronic archive. The extract is provided in Latvian and English and contains information about the property:
- < li>extract number
- date< / li>
- name of the authority that provided the information< / li>
- basis for providing information
- record number
- date of registration< / li>
- state registrar< / li>
- grounds for the right to arise
- reasons for making the entry
- form of ownership< / li>
- number of parts
- owner information< / li>
- information about the object (general characteristics, cadastral number, address, purpose, area, additional information)< / li>< / ul>
- full address
- cadastral number
Inquiries are processed from 30 minutes.
|Service||Price incl. German VAT 19%||Price excl. VAT|
|Price for an electronic Extract from the land register of Latvia||from 71,40 €||from 60,00 €||Price for the translation of an electronic Extract||from41,65 €||from 35,00 €|
|Price for an Extract from the land register of Latvia with apostille||from 297,50 €||from 250,002 €|
The Owner may obtain from the Land Register any information about the object belonging to him/her. Third-parties may obtain from the Land Register all information except for data on the owner, transactions and encumbrances. Third-parties may obtain this information only by a court decision after justification of a legitimate interest.
Extracts from the Land Register may be obtained in departments of the Land Register or in the Court Administration.
It should be noted that some owners, based on personal considerations, may during the given time after gaining the right of ownership not enter on it in the Land Register.
The data system of the Cadastre is maintained by the State Land Service.
The Cadastre contains:
- text data (general data on real estate and its owners)
- spatial data (borders, border points, external contours etc.)
- cartographic data
Activities of the Cadastre are regulated by the Law on State Cadastre.
The public section of the Cadastre is available via Internet.
The public section contains only general data on real estate and its composition and approximate spatial data. Access to full cadastral data (including geospatial data, detailed text data, value, pledges etc.) is provided for a fee.
The land registers of Latvia contain information of over 1.200.000 real estate objects.
Extracts from the land registers of Latvia may be used for:
- confirmation of title to real estate
- receipt of information about the real estate
- debt collection
- analysis of prices for real estate in different regions of Latvia
- other commercial and analytical purposes
* some data may be unavailable for certain items, or may be provided for a fee.
Time for obtaining information shall be specified individually.
Extracts from the land register are provided subject to the laws of Latvia and to the Law on personal data protection.
Moreover, you can order certified translations of your documents.
The requests shall be processed within one business day. Courier delivery of the apostilled extract shall be paid additionally according to the courier tariff rates.
Apostilled extracts from Latvia
Lavia joined the Hague Convention on simplified legalization of documents on May 11, 1995. On January 30, 1996 the Convention came into force.
Thus, documents issued in Latvia are subject to legalization based on the apostilling procedure, after certified translation such documents acquire full legal force on the territory of all other Hague Convention Member States.
As a rule of thumb, apostillation of extracts takes about two weeks.