Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Vietnam.
Vietnam has not joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Therefore, documents from Vietnam cannot be legalized by apostille, they will only be recognized abroad after they undergo consular legalization, a procedure by which the signature and the seal of foreign documents are authenticated. Responsible is the respective embassy of the country in which the document shall be used.
The following documents can be legalized:
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
- Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
- Judicial decisions
- Notarized copies of documents
- Notarized translations
- Further notarial documents (authorizations of signatures, last will, declarations)
Consular legalization of public documents from Vietnam for use abroad
The legalization procedure requires the following steps:
- First your documents are legalized by the Vietnamese authorities as done by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Department of External Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ho Chi Minh City
- Most countries then require a translation by a sworn translator, in some cases this translation may also need legalization
- Afterwards, provided both the original and the translation are submitted, the respective foreign country's embassy or consulate will be able to authenticate and legalize your Vietnamese documents for use abroad
Consular legalization of foreign documents for use in Vietnam
If you require consular legalization, your foreign papers and documents must first be certified by overseas diplomatic missions, consulates or other authorized agencies of your country in Vietnam. After successful certification, you may submit your documents to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Department of External Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ho Chi Minh City for the authentification and legalization of your documents for use in Vietnam.
On average, processing the documents takes up to 14 days.
Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.
You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or credit card.
Price for the consular legalization of documents from or for the use in Vietnam: on request