+49 851 226 083 01

Schmidt & Schmidt offers the legalization of documents from Vietnam.

Legalization in Vietnam

Vietnam has not joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Therefore, documents from Vietnam cannot be legalized by apostille, they will only be recognized abroad after consular legalization, meaning their authenticity must be confirmed separately.

By consular legalization the signature and the seal of foreign documents are authenticated. Responsible is the respective embassy of the country in which the document shall be used.

The following documents can be legalized:

  • Extracts from the commercial register
  • Certificates of civil status (certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce)
  • Education documents (school reports, certificates, diplomas)
  • Judicial decisions
  • Notarially certified copies of documents
  • Notarially certified translations
  • Further notarial documents (authorizations, last will, declarations)

Legalization of foreign documents for use in Vietnam

According to Vietnamese law, consular legalization is necessary and compulsory for documents issued by foreign agencies to be lawfully used in Vietnam.

If you request consular legalization, your foreign papers and documents must first be certified by overseas diplomatic missions, consulates or other authorized agencies of your country in Vietnam. After successful certification, you may submit your documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Consular Department or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relations for the authentification and legalization of your documents for use in Vietnam.

Legalization of Vietnamese documents for use abroad

On Februar 1, 2018 the legalization of Vietnamese documents for use abroad was reintroduced.

The legalization now works as follows:

  • First have your documents legalized by the Vietnamese authorities as done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Consular Department and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Ho Chi Minh City Department of External Relations
  • Most countries then require a translation by a sworn translator, in some cases this translation may also need legalization
  • Afterwards, provided both the original and the translation are submitted, the respective foreign country's embassy or consulate will be able to authenticate and legalize your Vietnamese documents for use abroad

Your benefits:

  • No registration or subscription
  • Fast and reliable processing
  • Payment by invoice

Schmidt & Schmidt guarantees the highest quality and reliability. We render all of our services in strict compliance with the applicable data protection laws. Our specialists are well-equipped and thoroughly acquainted with their tasks.

Working with us is easy and convenient!

Usually, processing the documents takes us 14 days.

Courier services are charged and invoiced separately according to the courier service’s rates.

You can pay for our services by PayPal, bank transfer or card.

Price for the legalization of documents from or for the use in Vietnam: on request

Do you have any questions about the offer? Contact us and arrange a free of charge consultation!

In our video we are explaining what consular legalization is and where to apply for it.

Schmidt & Schmidt will assist you in all issues concerning the legalization.

Schmidt & Schmidt offers legalization in more than 80 countries all over the world.

Our services can be paid by bank transfer, PayPal or by credit card.

SEPA Bank Transfer

DHL Express Shipping

Your documents will delivered in the shortset time

Without subscription

Order without subscription or registration!

Convenient payment options

You can pay via bank transfer, per PayPal or Credit Card

Proper invoice

You will get a proper invoice