Communications equipment which is going to be used in the public switched telephone network (PSTN) must prove that it doesn’t endanger safety, integrity and operational stability of the PSTN.
The conformity assessment of communications equipment is a compulsory procedure of state supervision. The compliance with technical requirements can be proved either with the Federal Communications Agency (FAC) Certificate or FAC Declaration. Only after that communications equipment can be placed on the market of the Russian Federation.
The basis for the conformity assessment of communications equipment builds the legislation of the Russian Federation:
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation № 126-FZ of July,7 2003 "About telecommunication"
- Decree of the Government № 532 of June, 25 2009 "List of communications equipment subject to compulsory certification"
- "Regulation on organization and implementation of the conformity assessment of communications equipment" № 214 of April, 13 2005
Decree of the Government № 532 sets out what equipment is subject to compulsory FAC certification:
- Equipment for switching systems (equipment for communication centers, telephone exchanges etc)
- Equipment for digital data transmission systems
- Equipment with the functions of control and monitoring
- Equipment used to record the volume of communication services provided
- Radio-electronic means of communication
- Communications equipment, including software used for operational search activities
- Terminal equipment that could lead to disruption functioning of a public communications network
If communications equipment is not listed in Decree № 532 but it is a terminal equipment, such equipment must be FAC declared, for example:
- DECT corded and cordless phones
- Cell phones GSM, WCDMA, HSDPA, CDMA
- Wired and wireless modems and computer cards (modules) for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA
- BlueTooth and Wi-Fi Wireless Computer Network Modules standard 802.15 и 802.11a/b/g/n.
- Telematic Data server, which support the following Internet services and working over HTTP, HTTPS, POP, SMTP, DNS, FTP.
If communications equipment cannot be connected to the public switched telephone network it does not need any conformity approval from the Federal Communications Agency. Anyway, the equipment can subject to technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union. If the equipment could be used for the encryption of data it is subject to the notification by the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB).
Certification or Declaration is carried out as follows:
- Step: Filing of application at the notified certification body
- Step: The notified certification body checks the documentation
- Step: Product classification and sampling
- Step: Testing
- Step: Manufacturing audit (if set out in the technical regulation)
- Step: Monitoring of the certified product
- Detailed description of the plants
- Identification of the plants
- HS Codes
- Technical passport
- Safety justification
- Instruction manual
- Detailed drawings
- Technical file
- Test reports
- Available certificates: ISO, DIN, CE, CB
Other documents can be required.
The manufacturer, which is not established in one of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union, is not entitled to apply for any EAC conformity certificate.
In accordance with applicable law and in accordance with the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union, only an entrepreneur residing in the territory of the Customs Union may be designated as an authorized representative.
In order to get the conformity certificate, the foreign manufacturer must appoint an authorized representative in one of the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union. He represents the interests in the certifying bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union regarding the safety and quality of products and compliance with technical regulations. Our company - Schmidt & Schmidt - offers you an authorized representative on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The products declared according to technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union must be marked with the EAC conformity mark before placing on the market. The conformity mark shall be affixed to each unit and (or) shipping documents. The marking must be carried out in such a way that it is easily recognizable and legible throughout the entire shelf life of the product. Appropriate marking may only be made if the corresponding production meets the requirements of all relevant technical regulations.
Time duration and costs of the conformity assessment procedure
Time duration and costs of the conformity assessment procedure depend on many factors such as product type, complexity of tests needed etc.
The exact conditions of the conformity assessment procedure are always determined individually on the basis of the documents received.
The conformity assessment process can take a few weeks.
Delivery of Documents
You will receive a copy of the EAC certificate or EAC declaration by e-mail immediately after the procedure has been successfully completed. In just a few days, the original will be delivered to you by post.
Our export consultants have many years of experience in the import of furniture to Russia and its customs processing. We offer a comprehensive service package, which includes the preparation of all necessary documents, the corresponding customs handling, and the logistics. We will help you acquire necessary certificates and permits.
- counselling on all questions about the import of furniture
- execution of copies of conformity certificates
- provision of an authorized representative
- execution of all necessary documentation
- translation of documents into Russian(labels, product descriptions, etc.)
- customs clearance
- communication with end comsumers
- execution of foreign trade contracts
- delivery to any place in the world
We rely on the German commercial tradition of management. Responsibility, competence and loyalty are not empty words for us, but the basis of our commercial philosophy. Our customers choose us because we prove every day that our services are the right choice for those who appreciate both your time and money. That is why we guarantee:
- personal handling of each order
- high quality of services
- swift processing of your documents
- free from defect of title
Our goal is to establish a mutually beneficial business relationship with all of our clients and partners.